Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: **Cherie in Toronto-New Web Page!**

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    If you missed Cherie in Toronto, you can still join her vicariously via digi pix!
    Here's the address: http://www.rocketcityrecords.com/cherie/toronto2001/

    And another thing! I HATE hearing that anyone missed a show they could've gone to! Always check our "News & Announcements" page. Our message board went down before this event, but you can always check out our gig list at: http://www.rocketcityrecords.com/cherie/announce.html

    Rock On!
    -Joe the Rocketmaster

    [This message has been edited by rocketmaster (edited June 28, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SweetieGord's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2000
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks Mr Rocketmaster for being so speedy in putting up the Toronto pics. again, they are incredible. i was almost in tears looking at what i missed. but my pal Glen Meadmore (6ft7. duder who does queercowpunk muzak) was in Toronto performing on Sunday night at some outdoor pride gig. He also caught cherie's show. his friend is Don, cherie's drummer! small world.

    cherie apparently said it was one of her best gigs....is this true? great to see that she did 'Is it Day or Night?' what i'd love to see is audio cassettes or CD's of cherie's performances being made available for us slobbering fans.

    yours, w/cherie pie filling,

    g

  3. #3
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WOW!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I hate to reply to myself but hasn't anybody else got anything to say about these beauteous pics?
    Is everybody on holiday?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Joe - lovely pictures - they take us right through the weekend.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member guttercat18's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great show & Great pics. Had a wonderful time hanging out with Cherie & Mara. It was defintely worth the drive from Ohio. Thanks Mara for getting my pic with Cherie. You're a doll!!

    Love you guys!!


    Mitch

  7. #7
    Inactive Member briN_bifN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say the pictures are great.
    Did ya see that one guy in the background of one of the pic's that had a shirt on that said...HIV +....damn!

    I'm about 2 1/2 hrs. away from El Mo and I missed it.
    Where was I !!

    [This message has been edited by briN_bifN (edited July 01, 2001).]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Terry Sadler's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh what a fool I am for missing the legendary Cherie in my hometown!
    I had no idea that she played at the Elmo(just down the road from me)!
    I am a massive Runaways fan from 1976 and I LIVE to see the Edgeplay movie.
    The Runaways(all era`s) were legends and are not given enough credit and are grossly under rated.
    Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame is a must!!

    ------------------

    I wanna be where the RUNAWAYS are!
    CCCCCherry Bombed!

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Well, it only took me 4 months, but I finally uploaded the wonderfully entertaining article by Hugh Ball entitled "Dear Diary", featuring REAL excepts from his diary! Hugh talks about his experiences seeing Cherie perform in NYC, then playing guitar for her in Toronto. Very cute! Check it out! It's at the bottom of the page, following the gig pix.
    http://www.rocketcityrecords.com/cherie/toronto2001/

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic